CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Moving Along

I have been TERRIBLE about updating the blog. Where does my time go?? I'm sure having a 16 month old, or being pregnant or working full-time has nothing to do with it! Amongst all of the chaos, I love my life and wouldn't trade it for the world. Some things will just lag behind a little bit :)

Grant and I took the plunge and moved -- again! We doubled our square footage, are closer to my mom and Harper’s MDO and both of our offices are right down the street so it has been a nice and easy transition. We aren’t quite settled but getting there.

Harper is changing every day. At her last check-up the pediatrician told me that she has the vocab of a two year old so we must be doing something right! He was impressed and so were we. We knew she was a little more advance than children her age just from observation in the church nursery or at school but it made us proud to hear it from our pedi. If you say something to her, she repeats it to her best ability. Things like the word school are “scoo” and sitcker is “sicker” but all-in-all she seems to be a pretty bright kid. She had her first visit to the dentist a month ago and received a good report. No more bottles, not a big juice drinker and we are okay with our paci timeline. The dentist agreed that it would be a challenge to wean from the paci with a new baby on the way. How could you explain to a 16 month old that the baby can have one but she can’t? I would feel bad but then again…. the parents are probably more heartbroken from the weaning than the child. I will be the first to admit that I am not ready!

Harper doesn’t quite grasp the idea of having a new baby around. She will point to my belly and say “baby” but I know that this is no indication to her of what really is to come. I think she will be a great helper as she does a pretty good job with her baby dolls. Sure she can be a bruiser at times and the words “gentle” and “easy” will be used 100 times a day but I think she will really enjoy it. We have started to introduce the potty and so far she has done a great job. She pretty much uses it every day and we praise our little souls out to her. I am not yet ready to take on the every 30 minute thing but I’m sure that will come soon enough.

My pregnancy has flown by and it has been so easy. Now, being pregnant with a toddler has not been the easiest task but we’re here and we’re doing it so…. there you go. I can’t imagine not having Grant around. He helps me out so much and I couldn’t do it without him. Having a supportive and understanding husband is such a blessing. There isn’t a task that “isn’t his job” etc. He is a man that wears many hats and I would bet not very many women can say that.

We were able to see our sweet baby yesterday on ultrasound and yes, the sex still remains a surprise. It really hasn’t been that challenging to not know the sex of the baby but I will say for the planning portion it has really put me behind. We really haven’t done much for this little one. I did go out and buy a few blue things just in case but that is about it. I plan to do the nursery after the baby gets here while I’m on my 12 week leave – woo hoo! We are schedule to deliver in 6 short weeks and can’t wait!

A day at the Beach
Photobucket

Hanging out at Mimi and Pawpaws
Photobucket

Baby Nail
Photobucket