CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Answered Prayers

As you probably are aware, I went in for surgery yesterday for a mass that they found in my uterus last week. The surgery went very well and I'm in full swing as far as recovery goes. Dr. Witz says the uterus will be healed in 3 – 4 weeks and we’ll be good-to-go.

They found two growths which the doctor believes are pieces of tissue that never dissolved from my previous pregnancies. We should have the pathology report back on Friday. They also found out that I have a Uterine Septum also known as a double uterus or horned uterus. This condition is something that I was born with; in fact it began around 2 months gestation in mama’s womb. A uterus develops from two tubelike structures. As you grow to full term, these tubes enlarge and their middle portions fuse together to form the uterus. There are several different scenarios with this condition but for me, my ducts fused, but the area where they joined it did not dissolve, leaving a dividing wall inside the uterine cavity -- a uterine septum. The septum does not have a normal blood supply therefore if the baby implants on the septum, it will not survive. This could have very well been our problem with the last two pregnancies. The doctor said our chances of carrying full term doubled when removing the septum. I pray that this is our answer!

As for me, I am feeling well but not 100% . Of course, I couldn’t have done without Grant and his ongoing positive attitude and support.

We appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers. We have such a strong support system!
We will keep you posted on our progress.

Much love to all!