CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 3, 2009

We are moved!

As you can probably tell we have not had internet service up and running at the house and I haven’t taken the time to blog at the office as I am today. Shhh, don’t tell……

A lot has occurred since my last post. We moved and have surprisingly enough unpacked and organized the majority of our stuff. The move was quite a task and very hard for me not to participate in. Grant, being the wonderful husband that he is, was on top of everything and worked his tail off. Moving in July is not something I would recommend to anyone but we both agree that it was well worth it!

Mom, Landon, Ryan and I headed to Galveston and hung out at the San Luis for a couple of days. It was very relaxing and some much needed R & R. Although it was hot, we hung out by the pool a lot so I was able to cool off when needed. I had not been to Galveston since Ike so it was nice to see all of the changes happening. The city and Seawall are really coming around.

Grant and I celebrated our first anniversary this past weekend on August 1st and it was really nice. We had a fabulous dinner and of course the best company – each other! Somehow I have managed to snag the best husband in the world!!

We have been back to see Dr. P a couple of times since my last post. One was for pre-term labor symptoms I was having. He ended up running a fetal fibronectin test which detects the protein Fetal fibronectin that is produced 2 weeks prior to delivery and it came back negative so we were relieved. Today we went to see Dr. P for an OB check and of course get my Monday morning shot. Harper is still measuring ahead of schedule so we’ll have an ultrasound and the lovely glucose screening on August 31st to check everything out. I also had a bout of high blood pressure this morning so he will continue to keep an eye on that. So far, I have gained 11 pounds in 6 ½ months so I’m pretty happy with that. Harper should have some significant gains beginning next week so hopefully that doesn’t add another 30 pounds ha, ha. Harper weighs around a pound and half and is about 14” long. She is extremely active and loves to climb up into my rib cage. Grant and I will begin our labor classes in a few weeks so that should be fun and interesting.

More later!

xo