CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Surviving

If you are all wondering.... I have survived almost two weeks of being back at work! The transition was smooth and frankly quite easy, thanks to me having a fabulous person work my desk. The first day I left Harper with mom so it was easy on my mind. How can my awesome mom, a mother of five, not know how to handle any situation presented to her?

I am still breastfeeding but as you can imagine having an electric pump attached to both boobs and praying that my boss doesn't need anything during that 15 minutes can stress me out! The day flies by and before I know it, my little peanut is in my arms again. Our evenings are no longer about deciding which recorded program we are going to watch or what restaurant we might go to but rather how fast I can eat before she wakes up or how many tasks I have learned to do one-handed. I am a pro at that!! My life is consumed with our precious baby but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Harper is getting to be so much fun with her laughter, smiles and how observant she is. She can hold onto things now and of course they head straight for the mouth. I can't wait until she's eating dirt off of the ground or puts her mouth on a shopping cart - EWW! Someone will have to remind me that Purell is for external use only. Grant can tell you.... germs freak me out. Another big milestone for her is that she can now roll over. She doesn't do it often but it happens and mama and papa are so proud. The littlest things melt our hearts. Mornings are my favorite as she is in her best mood. She coos, kicks and laughs as we sing our whacky songs and make funny noises. What can I say, every moment with her is an absolute joy and we love her so very much!

Please pray for us and our efforts to raise her in a Godly home.