CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Hot, Hot, Hot

The summer is in full swing here in Houston and we have four more months of it! Ugh!! This weekend I went to Landon's swim meet to see him kick some butt. Luckily there was a bit of an overcast that morning so it didn't blaze up until about 11. Whew! All I could think about when I was there is how much I wanted to get into the water to cool off.

After that, Grant and I packed up the kids and headed out to Grandaddy and Grandmommy's house. He fired up the grill and the whole family got to spend some good quality time together. My sisters, Renee and Allie, also have labs - one yellow, one black and one brown. They played in the pond and swam all day; it was the funniest thing to watch. Maverick, Renee's dog was the champ as he retrieved almost every throw. Allie's dog, Shiner, had his first day of swimming and has a little catching up to do with the big dawgs :) He's more like a baby deer hopping around with his pogo stick legs. Hopefully I'll have some pics to post soon!

Looking forward to Father's Day weekend!

xxoo