CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Getting the Itch

I thought I would check in and let you know what is going on in the Nail world. Work has been very busy for Grant and me but I am happy about that! More business means more money for us and who doesn't love not having to stress about $$?

I am feeling better as the weeks pass with a little morning sickness here and there. My tummy is getting bigger by the day and starting to get in my way. Fat rolls will tuck in here and there when you bend over but a baby roll goes no where… Grant came home with a staph infection on Monday night so that has been rather interesting. Neither of us has had it before so the first night I had Grant stripping the beds and putting everything he had touched into the laundry in fear of catching the nasty stuff and come to find out -- the next day I might add -- he's not even contagious. I guess our house got a nice spring cleaning :) His hand still has a lot of pain however the blisters have not opened nor has the redness progressed so we are grateful for that.

This morning was just one of those mornings for us. I get the phone call at 8:40 am. “Do you have Harley with you?” Hello, I’m at the office and no, I don’t. Grant turns the house upside down and still nothing. He’s screaming ‘treat” down the street, in his shirt and tie mind you, and said even the lawn men were looking at him like he was nuts. I get in my car and no more than 1 minute later I get the call….. I found him…. He was locked in the laundry room. You know the bedding I spoke of earlier that is patiently waiting to be washed free of Staph? Well, Harley has made him a sweet little nest out of that and was warm and toasty. Dang dog. Then our story continues…. I get the third phone call…. You’re never going to believe this but my car keys are in the door of your car. What?! Not only was Grant an hour late for work from the missing dog but now he had to wait for his keys to be delivered by our courier. What a morning!!